Page 1: Page 1
Applications to join the 2018/19 aAh! Graphic Design Team are now open.
Working with aAh! is the ideal way for students to get that all important work experience while at university. We aim to provide a safe and supportive space in which student volunteers can be creative and have their voices heard, while boosting their confidence – and their CV – with skills in journalism, editing, publishing, social media, design, event management and much, much more.
aAh! is a platform run by student volunteers with a passion for journalism and a passion for Manchester. It is honest, engaging and curious; it’s a trusted source of relevant news, views, creative work and information. Our content is tailored to our community of savvy readers.
To apply for a team role, please fill in the application form on the next page.
We are looking for talented Graphic Designers to work collaboratively on a range of projects including aAh! print magazine, associated online platforms and marketing campaigns.
- A passion for design and student media
- Ability to create high quality engaging designs
- Strong organisational and communication skills (Designers will regularly liaise with the student editorial team)
- Ability to work as a proactive team member
- Excellent IT skills, especially with InDesign and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
You will be required to attend regular team meetings and work to professional deadlines on live briefs.
Overall, we ask that all members of the aAh! team work enthusiastically, collaboratively and passionately throughout the year to ensure their team members feel supported and part of a strong team.
In September 2018, what year of study will you be in?
What year will you graduate?
Are you fully registered to work with Jobs4Students - Meaning you have been to a registration session and presented your bank details and right to work documents?